Tuesday, November 17, 2009

History in Our Public School

I learned so much about Christianity from my son's 6th grade history book (sarcasm intended). The chapters were on the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.  Who knew that Christian zealots conquered the Roman Empire and Jesus was arrested for treason?  He was an outspoken political figure speaking out against the government.  All I can say is Wow!  The book also outlined other religions that surfaced at the same time as Christianity.  The one that also brought hope and was the same as Christianity was Muslim.  Mohammad and Jesus similar leaders of the people. 

I couldn't believe what I was reading.  My son and I actually chuckled a little going over the information.  After I absorbed the seriousness of the text I felt saddened and blessed at the same time.  Blessed because my son knew the Truth and saw through the lies.  Saddened because most of the kids in his class were hearing these "facts" about Christianity and believing them.  The school was actually teaching a false Jesus and a false Truth.  It is not a coincidence this lesson immediately followed their lesson on evolution.  Do I think that the teachers had an agenda to sway the minds of these kids? No.  What it sounded like to me (coming from my son) the teachers were just as clueless and mislead.  They didn't know the Truth.  And believe me when I say, "someone" has an agenda.

Sisters in Christ know the Truth.  Read and study God's Word.  Teach your kids.  Nothing is more important than knowing Truth as a family.  Do your children know who Jesus is?  What He did for them?  Do they know that the God of Abraham is their God too?  Do they know that they were chosen before the foundation of the world?  Do they know their God?  Do you as a family believe God?

Get to know your God and read His Word.  If you don't teach them, "someone" will. 

Just a thought.......

No comments: