Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why do Wives Dis their Husbands?

First of all I must say I love the using the word "dis". It is such a silly word that has evolved as a slang term in our english language. This is why I can't learn a different language. Because, I am sure there are words like "dis" that people in the Hispanic, French, German etc. culture use and I will never understand what they are saying. So I will continue to use big gestures with my hands when speaking English in another country and hope for the best.

Okay that was a big side note that turned into a paragraph. My posts on this blog seem to have theme. Whatever comes into my brain must be written down and shared. Why do wives find the need to disrespect their husbands? Here is an example from this weekend:

I was waiting for my husband in the lobby of the local movie theatre when two ladies entered my space. They just came from viewing a movie and were laughing and giggling. Then I overhead what they were saying to each other that made them laugh so loudly.

Woman #1 "That movie was perfect. I love any movie that gives the woman an excuse to kick her husband in the face."

Woman #2 responds "There should be more movies like that."

Why? I do not understand the viewpoint of women who like to hurt, humiliate, or dis their husbands. I would never share with a friend how I would like to kick my husband in the head. First of all, I don't ever want to kick him in the head and second of all, I do not want to disrespect him to a friend.

My husband and I have rules that we live by concerning what we share with others. We respect each other with our words at all time. The three C's (cussing, crying and carrying on) only break down a marriage and leave it for ruins. No marriage is perfect (is there such a thing?) but bad mouthing your spouse will never help, so don't do it.

Just a thought from the eavesdropping lobby lady:)

No comments: