Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Who Are We To Judge?

We need to be honest with ourselves. It seems once Christians know the Bible they use it more like a tool to condemn or a righteous pedistal that we can stand on to look down on others.

We have all done it or have seen it. We have this idea that once we believe and are saved we are apart of the best club in town. "Jesus is the leader of OUR club........who is the leader of YOUR club?"

Here's the deal. God chose us. Not because we did anything special, or He thought we were worthy, or super smart, or etc.....

He chose us and because we believed He reckoned to us as righteousness (Gen:) We had to surrender, believe God and ask forgiveness for our wretched lives. That doesn't make us sinless or worthy. Now God sees us throough His Son who died on the cross for our sins. What Jesus did is the reason we can be apart of God's kingdom.

We need to remember this when we look down on people. Love the smoker, drinker, cusser, the young pregnant single girl, loud neighbors, tardy church goer, Sunday morning sleeper, the girl with two mommies, etc....Basically fill in the blanks with the sinner you grumble about or mock. Just because their sins are more visible doesn't make us sinless. We are just as sinful as everyone else and the sooner we realize that the sooner we can start loving each other instead of judging.

The fact is the more we know the Bible the closer we should be with God. The more we should know Him.

I am planning on using the Bible to smack myself on the head when I start thinking more highly of myself than I ought to. Memorizing verses are less painful and more productive.

Yet another thing I am working on with my walk with Jesus!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I've had a breakthrough... a stepping stone in my faith walk. I want to share. Help Please!!!

Jen said...

Amen Sister!