Thursday, September 24, 2009

What a Breakthrough!!!

OMG! Literally! As a new believer, I am doing the Bible study Believing God with Beth Moore and I had a major breakthrough two days ago. In the second week, we are asked to make a list of what we are risking by believing God and what we are risking not believing God. Through my list I dug down deep to discover that the big knot in my tummy, when I thought of surrendering, believing and putting my well being in God's hands, came from years of being let down my whole life- mainly by my parents.
As my mother was not capable of loving and my father was absent most of my life; when I was little and was dependent on "someone", I was constantly let down. So I built up a wall around my heart, my mind, and my well being. What a terrible feeling to be forgotten, neglected, and made to feel guilty for existing. So, I had to become strong enough to make it on my own and hold the power and destiny of my life in my own little hands. (I didn't know God existed).

Wow.... God does exist and guess what?????? People, humans, you and me will always let others down, disappoint, and never come close to giving the love, acceptance, and well being that God can give! And Halelujah for that!

So for me, this is a stepping stone in my faith. I can put my faith and trust in God. He won't let me down and he will make my heart his first priority. What a wonderful gift to give to my children as well! How comforting to know that Jesus loves them even more than I can love them.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Preach it sister!!!

Jane said...

God is good indeed! He surely sees the truth but waits. Thanks for the inspiration. Good luck. By the way, these free gift cards might interest you too. Have a blessed day!

Jen said...

Can I get an Amen?? Amen Sister!