Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Say Out Loud

I go through life as a mom of three kids and each day is a new experience.  I assume I am doing what is best for my kids and I pray for God's guidance. I know for certain I am not perfect but each day I try my best.  Whatever that means......

Even through prayer and my best attempts I catch myself saying things to my children that I never thought I would have to say. 

For example: 

"Honey please don't lick the wall". 

"You have to wash your hands AFTER you go to the bathroom".

"Did you forget your undies today"?

That was just yesterday.  I realize that it has to be the way I am parenting that causes me to say these things.  It must be something I am doing.  Can't fix it now so I think I am going to keep a journal about all the things that I can't believe I have to say out loud. 

"By the way who let the rat out"?

Life is good!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

As I leaned forward to kiss my daughter and I told her I loved her, she said, I love you too mom, but I have boogers and turned her face away.... how sweet!