Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Book Review

Good news!!  My book Two Shoes was reviewed last week by Christian Children's Book Review.  They did a very thorough review and I was extremely encouraged by their kind words.  I am still so new at this Author stuff that I can't believe when my book pops up on Amazon.com.  I look for it everyday just to make sure I didn't make it all up in my crazy brain. 

This journey I am on is so out of my comfort zone.  I would rather talk about someone else's success than my own.  But today I am tackling my fears of self-promotion head on. I am so thrilled about my book review from CCBR and I am excited to continue establishing myself as an author.  There is so much to learn and even though it is tough to market my books (and myself), I hope I never forget the joy of writing and rhyming for children.  Especially when it is glorifying to God.

God must have given me this "gift" of rhyming for some reason or He wouldn't of made me think and write this way.  In fact it is very hard for me not to rhyme, does anyone have the time, I make my salsa with lime, I hope that is not a crime....."stop rhyming and I mean it, does anyone have a peanut?" (Princess Bride movie)

Gotta Go!

No comments: