Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We All Have a Purpose

My question to my self has been "Beth what is your purpose here?"  After getting my children's book published I had to learn how to market the dagnabit thing.  I checked out other author's websites and blogs and social networking sites.  I found out that every author had a reason to market their book.  To sell it! I know this is not rocket science, but bear with me.  That realization made me think of why I wrote this children's book.  The fact that I hate selling things means that it wasn't to sell books and the fact that I could go work for our family company if I wanted to go to work and make money.  Nope, don't want to do that.  Then the question still remains.  What was my purpose?  Why write a book at all?  I had to recall why I love writing for children and why it has to be about Jesus.  I want them to know that God is real and He loves them.

Do your kids really know this truth?  Do you look at their little feet and wonder what walk they will be on in their life.  Are they going to walk with Jesus or walk with the world?  And do they know the difference?  Are we as parents believing the world about how to raise our children?  Do our everyday actions match our beliefs?  Do we walk the walk for our children to see?

I truly believe God has given me the gift of teaching children.  I relate with them better then with adults.  I look at them and realize that God created them for His Glory.   

My desire is that I truly understand how loved I am by my God that He died for me so that I could live.  Because if I truly understand this type of love and forgiveness then maybe I can teach my children and all the children God puts in front of me.  I want them to know that God's arms are stretched out wide and ready to embrace them. 

We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you published your book for kids...and I have given many of them out. You definately have a way with kids, and I am sure God will continue to use you in sharing His message with them.

Happy New Year! Blessings from us Cheneys!